Here’s how to make Butter Chicken with this great recipe!
All you need are the following basic ingredients and a packet of my special Butter Chicken spice mix and it couldn’t be easier.
600g x Boneless Chicken cut in 2cm cubes
1 x Packet of Butter Chicken Spice Mix
3 x Tablespoons Butter
1 x Medium Onion – finely chopped
135g x Tomato Paste (Watties)
300ml x Cream (subsitute with coconut cream if you don’t want it so rich)
150ml x Milk
- Place chicken & Butter Chicken Spice Mix in a bowl and toss chicken to coat.
- Melt butter in a pan & cook onion until translucent.
- Add chicken & fry for about 3 mins.
- Stir in the tomato paste, milk & cream and mix well.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until cooked.
Serve with rice, Indian chutneys and salad.
Delicious! Just before serving you can stir through a little cream and sprinkle on a few toasted almonds and fresh coriander for that real restaurant look! You can swap the cream for yogurt, but it just isn’t the same. Yogurt won’t give you that rich creamy butter chicken sauce like real cream will, but if you insist, then go with Greek yogurt as least it’s creamy. You can use light cream if you’re worried about the calories.
Click here to see the Butter Chicken recipe nutrition information